-->

Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Funny Coincidence

Prior to moving to Texas from Virginia, I worked at a little bakery called Mom's Apple Pie in Leesburg, VA.  One day a customer, named Connie, mentioned she was leaving Virginia to move to Texas where she and her husband were going to retire. She said she researched for two years for the best places to retire.  When I asked where, she said 'Texas'.  I told her my husband and I were also starting to research places to move and one of the places was Austin, so naturally I was curious to find out more.  She said it was a quaint, historic town a few miles north of Dallas called McKinney, and it was much like Leesburg with its old historic buildings rennovated into shops, restaurants, art galleries, coffee shops and more.
                                               


Checkout the pie tin covered ceiling


The sign above the door reads 'Eat Pie'


I quickly gave her some yummy baked goods from Mom's, and wrote this information down along with the builder she was having her home built by.  She said she has moved 30 times and this particular builder (Cambridge Homes) was by far the best they'd ever had!  After a few visits, my husband and I fell in love with this charming town.   Especially when we drove through Chapel Hill, our new neighborhood, made up of European Surrey and Carriage homes.  It was like driving into a little village somewhere in England!



Cambridge 'Model Home' at Chapel Hill


What a coincidence.....a year later we moved into our newly built home by Cambridge, in McKinney, next door to our new neighbors.....you guessed it!!  We live right across the street from Connie and her husband, Bob!



Home Sweet Home!



Mary



No comments: